Tuesday, September 22, 2009

4 oz is more than you think

With this project I decided to tell myself that I'm not spinning for evenness, I'm spinning for fun. The finished skein is fingering-to-sport-ish weight (unwashed), and I'm spinning the rest with something similar in mind. The prep is commercial, hand-dyed combed top, spun semi-worsted-- I want to maintain some of the colour variation in the fiber, but I don't want the yarn to be as dense as short forward draw would make it. Variably semi-worsted is probably a better characterization, since sometimes I draft the fibers out mostly parallel, and at other times my drafting more mimics spinning from the fold, drafting more from one side of the supply to the other instead of from the bottom to the top.


4 oz Superwash Merino/Alpaca, 70/30 from Squoosh in colorway "Missing You" spun on what I believe to be a Greensleeves Barebones top-whorl of indeterminate weight.

No comments: